F&E - Scope of Services
The experts of the unit F&E are committed to the coordination of international research and innovation policy. We are your partner for networking of researchers and policy stakeholders in third countries. Work is based upon accompanying analysis of processes of internationalization of research and technological development.
Our team has a wide international background and high intercultural competences.
Network coordination, consulting and research are discussed and implemented with clients and cooperation partners in a flexible and goal-oriented manner. The team is open to discuss ideas for joint applications to "calls for proposals" or "calls for tenders".
The competencies of the unit F&E are based on more than 20 years of practical experience in national and international research policies. For delivering appropriate solutions for the different challenges in national and international research policies, we have developed a portfolio of various products. Today we not only use our already successfully approved competencies, but are also open and eager to further develop our existing as well as to create new products.
In our field of expertise, you can expect the following core competencies from us:
Policy advice and consultancy:
- Development, realization, monitoring, impact-measurement and evaluation of concepts, programmes, institutions, instruments and projects in the field of research development and cooperation in education
- Consulting in the field of international policy for education, research and development. As an example could be mentioend the cooperation with European donors in the field of regional development.
- Consulting in the field of STI (science-technology-innovation)
- Development and realization of workshops, seminars and conferences, as well as trainings
- Innovation management: Elaboration of techniques for implementing and measuring innovation-management-processes.
- Coordination and implementation of initiatives in the field of research- and technology policies
Research, methods and analysis:
- Studies on international cooperation in education, research and development: The unit F&E works intensively in the field of RTDI (Research, Technology, Development and Innovation) and contributes to each step of it's policymaking: evaluation, monitoring, impact-measurement of research policies as well as definition and implementation of policy recommendations in RTDI.
- Research in the field of techno-globalization and analysis of international cooperation in research
- Social Network Analyses
- Analysis of knowledge-based socities and innovation systems
- Foresight: Studies on possible developments in the future, which can be used both as networking- and policymaking-tools
- Qualitative and quantitative methods of empirical social research
- Bibliometric Analyses: Analysis of international Publications and interactive visualization of the data gained
- Analysis of regional and global trends in innovation policy
- Development of indicators for a reliable measurement of instruments targeting social challenges, research and development
- Data collection, data processing, mapping and comparative analysis
Network Coordination and communication strategies:
- Support in the development of national and international networks, e.g. networking of the European Research Area with Third Countries and regions all over the world. Among that, the ZSI is very active in the field of coordination, management and implementation of national and international F&E-partnerships within EU-framework programes like FP6, FP7 and HORIZON 2020.
- Provision of expertise in knowledge and process management
- Innovative communication design, social media: We do not only offer communication strategies for the management of a project itself, but also provide solutions for any needed effective communication in sciences. Our competencies range from the organisation of specific events, the conceptualisation and creation of online platforms to data-based analysis and visualization. For the communication and promotion of our projects on social media, we use specific communication guidelines, which are developed in-house.
Our clients include the European Commission, the World Bank, UNESCO, UNIDO, different ministries and agencies in Austria and other parts of the world: EU-Eastern Partnership Countries, Eastern Europe and the Black Sea Region, Russian Federation, Southeast Asia, India, Africa, Latin America, North America, etc.
We address new topics and invite you to discuss collaboration possibilities with us! Some reference projects from the Research policy & Development department are presented here.
Our entire project list is accessible here (please filter "Research policy & Development", in order to display only F&E-projects).