Social Innovation Community
Developing an enabling environment for social innovation, that links actions across the whole field and supports the full exploitation of their potential, is considered vital in addressing societal challenges both with European and global relevance. While there is increasing interest and enthusiasm for social innovation as a means of addressing societal challenges globally, there is also considerable variation in the extent to which different countries and regions have embraced social innovation.
Thus, there is a strong rationale for building an inclusive and interconnected community which helps to create a more favourable environment for social innovations to emerge, grow and develop across Europe. This is the overarching aim of SIC; namely to create a 'network of networks'of social innovation actors. This Social Innovation Community (SIC) aims to deepen and strengthen existing networks, forge new connections between networks, and create new links to actors and networks which hitherto have not been included in the field of social innovation. The aims of such a community are to generate new social innovations, develop and scale up successful social innovations and to share and spread knowledge more effectively in order to improve practice and policymaking.
- Dr. habil. Ursula Holtgrewe (project leader)
- Univ. Prof. Dr. Josef Hochgerner
- Magª. Maria Schwarz-Wölzl
Section: Work and Equal Opportunities
- Alma Mater Studiorum - University of Bologna
- Dutch Research Institute for Transitions BV
- Laboratorij za Drustvene Inovacije Udruge
- Nesta LBG
- Reseau Europeen des Villes et Regions de l'Economie Sociale AISBL
- Social Innovation Exchange LBG
- Technische Universität Dortmund
- Teknologisk Institut
- The Young Foundation
- Universidad del Pais Vasco / Euskal Herriko Unibertsitatea
- European Association for Information on Local Development (Coordinator)
- News: Social Innovation Community launch event is coming!
- News: First SIC Summer School on Urban Social Innovation
Tags: social innovation
Project Status: In progress
Project Duration: 36 months
Start/End: 02/2016 - 01/2019