Responsible Research and Innovation Tools (RRI TOOLS)
This project develops and uses a Training and Dissemination Toolkit on Responsible Research and Innovation (RRI). It is addressed to and designed by all stakeholders across the Research and Innovation (RI) chain of value, including Researchers, Civil Society, Industry and Education but will specially focus on Policy Makers in order to impact significantly in the future governance of RI.
The Consortium that carries out the project is a 26 multi-stakeholder group of institutions with experience in different key components of RRI. The project envisages the creation of 19 RRI Hubs covering 30 countries of the European Research Area. The Consortium and the RRI Hubs implement a process for developing the toolkit which aims to be collaborative and inclusive, this way fostering methods and channels of dialogue in order to increase creativity and shared ownership of the process. Ultimately, the process will lead to a Community of Practice in RRI which will assure the use, evolution and enrichment of the toolkit.
The RRI Toolkit will be an innovative and creative set of tools comprising practical digital resources and actions aimed at raising awareness, training, disseminating and implementing RRI. The RRI Hubs will be responsible for training on the use of the toolkit throughout Europe, of advocating policy makers at a national and regional level and of disseminating the concept of RRI to a wide audience.
Bridging the gap between Science and Society has been a challenge for decades. Today, there is evidence that we need to involve wider society in decisions about the form and direction of research and innovation to contribute to a smart, inclusive and sustainable growth of our societies.
RRI TOOLS will help transform Research and Innovation in Europe into a process targeted at the grand challenges of our time (science for society) where deliberation and reflection are coupled with action (science with society).
- Magª. Katharina Handler (project leader)
- Magª. Maria Schrammel (project leader)
- Magª. ilse Marschalek
- Mag. Dr. Klaus Schuch
- M.A. Gorazd A. Weiss
- Dr. Margit Hofer
- Magª. Andrea Christiane Mayr
- Dipl-Übers. Carmen Siller
- Magª. Dr. Elisabeth Unterfrauner
- Dr. Christian Voigt
Section: Technology and Knowledge
- AHHAA Science Centre Foundation
- Association Europeenne des Expositions Scientifiques, Techniques et Industrielles
- ATHENA INSTITUTE (Belgium)
- CENTER FOR THE PROMOTION OF SCIENCE
- CIENCIA VIVA
- Ellinogermaniki Agogi
- European Business and Innovation Centre Network
- EUROPEAN FOUNDATION CENTRE
- European Schoolnet
- EXPERIMENTARIUM (Denmark)
- FONDAZIONE CARIPLO
- FOUNDATION FOR POLISH SCIENCE (Poland)
- Fundació Privada Institut de Recerca de la Sida Caixa
- King Baudouin Foundation
- Mobilis Science Center
- Ruse Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Science Animation Midi-Pyrénées
- Techmania Science Center o.p.s.
- THE PROVOST, FELLOWS, FOUNDATION SCHOLARS & THE OTHER MEMBERS OF BOARD OF THE COLLEGE OF THE HOLY & UNDIVIDED TRINITY OF QUEEN ELIZABETH NEAR DUBLIN
- University College London
- Vetenskap & Allmänhet, VA
- WISSENSCHAFTSLADEN BONN – BONN SCIENCE SHOP
- FUNDACIO CAIXA D'ESTALVIS I PENSIONS DE BARCELONA (Coordinator)
- News: Rückblick auf das 49. Treffen des ScienceCenter Netzwerks
- Event: 49. Treffen des ScienceCenter Netzwerks: (Wie) Kann die Öffentlichkeit forschen?
- News: DER STANDARD: Werkzeugkiste für Paradigmenwechsel in der Forschung
- Event: « RRI and SSH in ICT-related parts of H2020 – Getting started »
- News: RRI Tools: The transformative power of RRI under experimentation
- News: ZSI_Stimmen: RRI – auf dem Weg zu einem neuen europäischen Forschungsparadigma?
- News: What is responsibility in Research and Innovation?
- Event: European Researchers’ Night 2015
- News: WBC-RTI.info newsletter focuses on RRI
Program: 7th Framework Programme
Submission Date: 06/2013
Project Status: Finished
Project Duration: 36 months
Start/End: 01/2014 - 12/2016