H2020 Policy Support Facility
Technopolis, Manchester Institute of Innovation and Research and ZSI supporting research policy development and reform across Europe.
ZSI is a member of the consortium that has been given a 10 million € framework contract by the European Commission’s Directorate-General for Research and Innovation to help implement the EU’s Policy Support Facility (PSF). The consortium is led by Technopolis Group (Brussels office) and also involves Manchester Institute of Innovation and Research (UK). Furthermore, a large group of experts is involved. This instrument, launched in March 2015, aims to support member state governments in identifying, implementing, and evaluating the reforms they need to improve their publicly funded research and innovation systems.
Throughout the project, ZSI will provide input to a broad range of services for policy makers in Europe in terms of formulating and implementating R&I policies such as peer reviews and background analysis on national research and innovation policies, and input to mutual learning events bringing together EU member states and associated countries. Examples of our work with the Policy Support Facility include the implementation of the Peer Review in Moldova (ZSI expert: Manfred Spiesberger) and Ukraine (ZSI expert: Klaus Schuch).
The goal of the PSF is to make the most of the mutual learning and exchanges of best practice, which take place within the frame of the European Research Area Committee via supporting member states (on a voluntary basis) in implementing reforms of their national R&I policies. It also aims at supporting European R&I policy in tackling the innovation divide.
More information on the PSF is available via the EC website, era.gv.at and the Research and Innovation Observatory page on the Horizon 2020 Policy Support Facility.
- Magª. Elke Dall (Projektleitung)
- Mag. Manfred Spiesberger (Projektleitung)
- MMag. Alexander Degelsegger
- DI Martin Felix Gajdusek
- Mag. Dr. Klaus Schuch
- M.A. Gorazd A. Weiss
Bereich: Forschungspolitik & Entwicklung
- University of Manchester - Manchester Institute of Innovation Research
- Technopolis Group (Coordinator)
- News: ZSI kicks-off two new projects supporting R&I policies
- Projekt: Peer Review of the Moldovan Research and Innovation System
- Projekt: Peer Review of the Ukrainian Research and Innovation System
- Publikation: S&T Policy Mix Peer Review Moldova. Report on the review of the Moldovan S&T Policy Mix
- Publikation: Background Report: Peer Review of the Moldovan Research and Innovation System
- Publikation: Background Report of the Ukrainian Research and Innovation System
- Publikation: Peer Review of the Ukrainian Research and Innovation System
Programm: Tender for the European Commission, DG Research and Innovation
Projekt Status: In Durchführung
Laufzeit: 62 Monate
Von/Bis: 11/2015 - 12/2020