Labour markets are confronted with particular challenges that cannot be met by just a few institutions on their own. These challenges are, for instance, the concentration of unemployment in certain target groups, gender segregation on the labour market, or shifts between industries, economic sectors, and regions.
Within 'Labour market and Employment Policy,' A&C's main focus lies in advising on how to best build up partnerships, and how to develop innovative employment policies in order to improve the labour market conditions. This is implemented, for instance, under the format of the Co-ordination Unit of Territorial Employment Pacts (TEPs) in Austria (https://www.zsi.at/de/object/project/1025), and the OECD LEED Forum on Partnerships and Local Governance (https://www.zsi.at/en/object/project/2174).
To sum it up, our projects focus on
- innovative employment policies
- cross-policy interventions (actions set up at the interface of the labour market and social policy, i.e. linking employment with education and health)
- new forms of work
- local governance implemented by partnerships
- the consequences and results of international migration
- the ageing society
- other issues of social integration versus exclusion
Our projects are characterised by their methodological variety, ranging from policy advice in partnership building to network coordination and research. We also evaluate programmes and projects in the field of labour market policy, and apply, and even further develop, specific methods such as Peer Reviews (see publication below).
Our contracting authorities comprise General Directorates of the European Commission such as DG Employment, as well as OECD LEED, the Austrian Federal Ministry of Social Affairs and Consumer Protection, and others.
Ansprechperson: Dr. habil. Ursula Holtgrewe
- Studie zur Deckung von Arbeitskräftebedarf durch Drittstaatsangehörige in Österreich
- Aligning Education with Labour Market Needs (Kosovo)
- Diversity management in SME
- European Innovation Scoreboard
- PES to PES Dialogue: Partnerships of Public Employment Services
- show more ..
- Promoting local economic development through multi-level partnership arrangements in Europe
- LinkAge - Labour Market Integration of Vulnerable Age Groups through Social Dialogue
- Wenn Roboter unseren Job machen: Die Arbeitswelt im digitalen Umbruch
- Digitalisierung der Produktion - Open Innovation als Chance für die Industrie
- Wissen für alle: ZSI-Vorträge zu "Soziale Innovation" im Programm der Wiener Volkshochschulen
- Public Employment Services: Symposium in London
- LLL – Lernen, Leisten, Leiden. Erfahrungen, Kritik und Chance.
- show more ..