ALCUE NET launches NCP Network
6. Feb 2017
To increase the collaboration between researchers from Caribbean and Latin American Countries (CELAC) and the EU, the ALCUE NET project sets a variety of measures to support the development of skills and the creation of networks. One of the tasks objectives is to develop and strengthen existing capacities of CELAC National Contact Points (NCP), and expand the NCP network in the region. To achieve this, a dedicated Network of CELAC NCPs was created and launched in a three days event in Panama City, February 1-3, presenting workshops, presentations and providing opportunities for the contact points of different Latin American and Caribbean countries to better network and exchange experience. In sum, there were approximately 80 participants from a wide range different origins and topical areas: EU CELAC Country representatives, official and soon-to-be-assigned NCPs, researchers, projects coordinators, European Commission representatives, SMEs, and other stakeholders.
- Presentation of the CELAC NCP network.
- Inform and update all participants about the opportunities for third countries in European Union’s Research and Innovation Framework Programme – Horizon 2020.
- Increase the awareness by training NCPs on Horizon 2020.
- Strengthen capacity of the existing LAC NCP network.
- Elaboration of the ALCUE NET action plan.
- Promote the sustainability and formalization of the LAC NETWORK
The LAC NCP Network Launch Event allowed tapping synergies to enhance the science and technology cooperation between both regions (EU - CELAC).
- Projekt: ALCUENET